Monday, August 2, 2021

Jolly the Postman Flies Away!

 Today was the day when Jolly, our postman friend, boarded his plane (well, was handed over to the postmistress at my local post office) for his LONG flight to England! Lucky Jolly ... I wish I were traveling to Norfolk!

I am sorry to see him leave. Jolly was an excellent house guest. He watched the Olympics with me.
He was politely interested in my weaving.

But he took a hearty interest in knitting and asked if I would teach him, so I did.

He made himself a sweater! And since he is actually a small fellow, it didn't take many stitches.

You see that he became a little more comfortable with Trixie and Beau - yes, he did! He learned that a dog inside its own home, with a guest, is quite docile. It's only when Jolly used to approach their homes outside, that they were defensive of their beloved humans.


In addition to his wonderful dates in Oriental during his time here, Jolly also visited the chickens with me each day, helped me make pear butter, and learned to make pancakes from scratch. He had a busy time!
Jolly loved looking at Brownie, the broody hen, who is sitting on a dozen eggs that are ready to hatch any minute! He was rather sorry to leave before any of the chicks were born, and asked me especially to let him know how the hatching goes.

Now Jolly goes off to visit Angela in Norfolk, and I know they will have loads of fun together there. Bye, Jolly! Be safe on your long, worldwide tour!


4 comments:

Angela said...

Waiting ! I will let you know as soon as he arrives safely

Granny Marigold said...

Nice of you to teach Jolly to knit. I like that last sketch of him in the sail boat.

Pom Pom said...

What a time he had with you! I hope his trip across the pond is fun! Thank you again, sweet artist!

annie said...

I have enjoyed his visits from one lady friend to another. Surely Pom Pom must miss his being close to home but oh the adventures he has to tell :) So thankful he has lost much of his fear of dogs now!And he can provide his own sweaters now, if he loses his along the way.