Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Grandpuppy Came to Visit

This lovely spot is a horse farm in the county. The Bradford pears are stunning in fall and spring.
Look who came to visit grandmummy and grandpappy for Thanksgiving!!
He brought his parents too.
Philip and Kara swung by Julia's college and picked her up, so we had those three for Thanksgiving. We had the big dinner at church with a table full of friends. It was a very jovial, delicious afternoon!
Beyond dinner with all the trimmings ... this was all the trimmings and then tons of extras!
Julia got to see old friends ~
And Philip deep-friend the turkey!!
The moistest turkey I've ever tasted -- there were no leftovers.
Don't believe the deceptive calm of this photo; Charlie and Trixie wrestled and played and wore each other out straight for four days.
Yes, he is just as adorable and downright beautiful as he seems.
I pestered everybody until at last we drove down for Philip and Kara to see the Vandemere Waterfront Park. Charlie chased his frisbee.



This park is quiet, hardly used, and immaculately designed. It's Pamlico County's best kept secret.
I'd better add a photo of Trixie for my mother, who wants to see more of the newest pup. Mother, she has "Cleopatra eyes" like Katie the Dog used to have. She's getting taller.
At Philip's suggestion, Adam bought Trixie a set of bells. Charlie learned quickly to ring them when he needs to go outside. 
Will Trixie learn that fast?

I've slowly kept illustrating my story about Punkin and the baby mouse. Here are a few more pages.


That's the end of the first half of the story. Wait till you see what happens next! 

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm loving the story as it progresses!
Your grandpuppy is a cutie.

Henny Penny said...

I love your little story. You can write! Looks like a happy Thanksgiving for you all, and the food looks delicious. The doggies are adorable. I was looking back at some of your older posts and enjoyed them so much. You have beautiful children.

GretchenJoanna said...

Those sun-slanted mild fall days just seem to go with Thanksgiving gatherings! What a blessing to have all these loving people together - and their dogs!

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' M.K.........this story is so sweet. I am enjoying it so much. Blessings!

Lisa Richards said...

Okay. My comment disappeared. Anyway, I said...
That's a good idea having bells to let you know when the dog needs to go out! :)
Every time I see you working on your book I remember I want to try that! Keep reminding me! ;)
And maybe sometime you could do a tutorial on how you got your e-book published and on Amazon for sale. ALSO how you did your free novel on your sidebar. I'm curious! (But I'm also lazy, so don't do this unless you really want to!)
Happy Advent!

Kezzie said...

Ooh, your illustrations look so cute! I like the idea of your story! So nice to get your family back. That turkey looks sooooooooooooooo moist! I am envious!