Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Announcing Blog Festivals ...?

I announce that (above) with a question mark because it's not really my festival. It's Pom Pom's. ( I don't think she'll mind my offering to participate.) Dash over and read what she said --
"Reading and viewing, knitting and drinking tea . . . writing and drawing in my Jane Austen journal."  - Pom Pom
She proposes a month of this, starting August 1st!

Here are the four Austen novels I own. I haven't actually read any but Persuasion in many years. What a fun idea! August and its unbearable, dreary heat will pass faster if I'm strolling through Pemberley, sparring with Mr. Knightley, or escaping from the clutches of evil Cousin Elliot into those of handsome Captain Wentworth!

After August, Pom Pom suggests a Beatrix Potter Festival in September ... I might wait until October? I adore October, and September is still Hot Summer here. I'm pretty well set for Miss Potter, if I do say so myself:

Austen would inspire much writing in a journal, followed by Potter, who would cause one to sketch animals.

Of course, I'll need two new, small journals from the creative hands of Adam, the book-crafter. I'm still dabbling a tiny bit in my winter/spring/summer journal, but I think I do need a fresh start.

Anyone else care to join in the fun?

5 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Does sound like fun! I'll at least commit to reading what you girls write, lol. I have all of Austen's novels on my Kindle and a hard copy of P&P on my shelf, so I may read along, even if a little slowly.

Pom Pom said...

Fun, indeed! I can't wait to see your books (the ones Adam makes!).
Viewing is fun, too. That lovely long P and P with Colin Firth . . . best!
October sounds perfect for Beatrix! Let's do that! I will go to Victoria, BC at the end of September (with our girls for my 60th) and I shall have to get my British thinking warmed up there! Wahoo! The Empress! We won't have tea there because it costs too much and is too fattening, but we'll definitely go to the gift shop.
There are many lovely books about Beatrix. They are all scrumptious.
I'm going to go down to the basement and sketch right now. Oh! I made another pair of pants this morning. Denim. They are so comfy and fit so well. They are like pajama pants, really. No wonder I like them.
The pattern is on Etsy (100 Acts of Sewing) and they are pants #1. Easy breezy.

Granny Marigold said...

I think I must wait until September and BP. My eye sight has been getting worse and of course reading is difficult. I'm having cataract surgery next week. Hopefully that will help.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Like Lisa, I'll read what y'all are doing but (GASP!) I'm not a Jane Austin fan and am always amused at what Mark Twain said, “Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.” LOL

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

MK, I'm eagerly looking forward to reading anything that's part of a Jane Austen or Beatrix Potter festival!