Monday, October 1, 2018

Pumpkins for Mags

Hello, dear Margaret in Ireland. Here are some pumpkins just for you.
 On Friday I just had to get away and see something comforting. I went to the local nursery. Her load of fall pumpkins had arrived!
 Harbourside Garden Company was not flooded in the hurricane, but it was close!
 Rachel, the sweet lady who owns this business, seemed to want to cheer the community up with this display.

 A little Pumpkin Humor:
 It's a lovely store with lots of beautiful merchandise. My favorite thing is Rachel's dog. (Her name is Mia ... or Minna ... I never can remember which.)
  So there are a few pumpkins for your autumnal needs, Mags - I hope that's helpful! I know I desperately need all things autumnal by this time of year. Our temperatures have cooled a little, the hurricane definitely brought down lots of leaves (along with their accompanying limbs). Now if we can just get these massive burn piles going, it will smell like autumn too!

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you went to look for something comforting and found it.
Rachel's dog looks very much like Bracken. I see she's getting white around the muzzle. A lovely greeter for the customers coming in I'll bet.

magsmcc said...

Autumnal needs fulfilled- utterly!

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

lovely, impressive display and grateful for cooler weather. We had 12 tornadoes touch down, at least one death but all seems to be well now.

GretchenJoanna said...

That smell of leaves burning is something I rarely get. But I will try not to complain, because the autumnal smells around here are pretty great, too!

happyone said...

Pumpkins pumpkins everywhere. : )