Thursday, August 22, 2019

Playing Catch-Up

I might just start with the oldest stuff first, before I forget it again! Here's a fun tea towel a friend gave me:

Another funny from a local store:

The same store had this metal sign, selling for about $35! We have some old metal roofing lying around in the pasture. I could easily paint some of these up and take them to the market. If they don't sell? Hang them on the porch :)

I kept knitting fingerless gloves. This first pair has a mistake in the cabling on the right hand glove. Can you find it?

This next pair has no cabling. It's the "Whelk Pattern."

At a gift shop, a friend found these napkins and said, "You should paint that."

So I did.

Then I did another similar one.

A dear friend gave me yet another oil infuser. I LOVE the bottle. Isn't it pretty?

A few more cards painted recently:





And a photo of the most adorable person I know!!
LOOK at those wonderful cheeks! I want to kiss them.

Lastly, I will talk about my innards. Adam and I are perpetually attempting  some plan that will help us lose weight again as we did once before. It may be a futile desire, but we will try! Now we're attempting the "boredom" method of eating: Eat the same thing over and over until you're bored of it. Then keep eating it indefinitely because you will certainly eat smaller and smaller servings of it until at last you lose weight. (Don't laugh! People do this method!) Here is a typical dinner of late:
brown rice, beans, spinach, broccoli,
 a little onion and cheese

Adam may hope that I'll tire of this "rice bowl," but I won't. I don't bore with the same-old music, clothes, TV shows, or food. This food is so healthy, high fiber, low sugar, high minerals. What I like best is that after I eat it -- say, an hour later -- I feel so good. My innards feel good, my gut. After sugar, I feel horrible, and after too many carbs I feel worse. But after fiber? Ahhh -- life is lovely.

In addition, eating like this is inexpensive. Sometimes he'll put some grilled chicken breast in there instead of beans. Or we'll do more beans but no rice. I adore spinach! I sprinkle a little white wine vinegar on it, and it's better to me than ice cream. I think my body craves iron.

I don't know that we'll lose weight; that's hard at our age. But we can hardly help being more healthy in the end. I'll let you know how it goes.

19 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Oooo! I LOVE the rainbow-colored mountain scene...and the goat...and the bee...and lots of them! I'd frame theme and put them on the wall! I don't tend to get bored when I eat the same old foods either, but I don't always make healthy choices. Here's to your new eating scheme! :) That is a sweet baby!

Lisa Richards said...

Do you knit the fingerless gloves on round needles?

Tammy said...

I love that goat! ( well - I love the bumble bee and leaves and it all ) You are so talented and I agree - I could eat the same thing over and over too - especially something yummy. When I was at the YMCA of the Rockies they had a savory side at the breakfast and I saw several people putting a combo of spinach,onions and sauted peppers in their oats (!) So I tried it - it was delicious - I love spinach & onions - maybe it was the butter or what they were sautéed in but I loved it. definitely healthier than my normal butter, brown sugar and cream. I want to exercise a bit but it's just too hot here right now.

Deborah Montgomery said...

My daughter just told me she read that the people who do the best with weight loss are those with the most fiber in their diet. I could eat that meal all the time and not tire of it either. I love your watercolors, and that baby!! So precious! xo Deborah

Henny Penny said...

Oh my goodness, that is the most adorable baby! I love all your paintings, especially the goat. Love those gloves too. I have made it through day three of dieting. I want to lose ten pounds, but mostly, I need to eat healthy and cut back on sweets. That is a good looking meal, I need to try it.

Pom Pom said...

The boring diet made me laugh!
Your mitts are lovely!
Your GOAT! Fantastic!
Yes, make some signs for market!
You are very talented, MK!

M.K. said...

I'm excited (not bored!) about what we're eating. I'm a follower, when it comes to food, and I just eat what Adam serves me. I'm liking this change!

M.K. said...

(I was gonna give you a smart-alek reply and say, "No -- they're square!")
Yes, they are circulars, but I don't knit them in a tube. I knit them in a rectangle (more like a trapezoid), cast off, and then stitch the edges together. I find I can see what I'm doing better if I don't do it in a tube.

M.K. said...

Too hot here too! But who am I kidding ... I wouldn't exercise if the weather were perfect!
That breakfast does sound so good. You know, I don't enjoy sugar like I did when I was younger. I prefer salty/savory. But when I'm choosing food to eat, or preparing it, I forget this, and I slather on brown sugar or syrup or jam or whatever -- just a habit, I think. But I'm gonna keep eating spinach. I'd totally forgotten how much I love it with a tiny bit of salt and a dash of vinegar.

M.K. said...

Thank you, Deborah. You have inspired me to have the courage to give a try to a diet change. I don't know how much actual physical change it will produce, but if I feel better, it's worth it.

M.K. said...

Thank you, sweet PomPom!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Paintings are cute, sweet little grand is adorable, and the plate of food looks delicious to me.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

M.K. said...

Do try it, HP. Switching from white rice to brown has been wonderful. When I see sugary things, I remind myself of how horrible they make me feel afterward, and it really decreases my desire for them.
It seems everybody loves that goat! Go figure!

Lisa Richards said...

Oh yeah...circular, lol. Don't I sound like a greenhorn? I am! :)

M.K. said...

Thank you, FL! Our temps have at last fallen. Cooler today. I hope your autumn comes soon!

Una said...

You have made me hungry. I don't usually like pictures of people's dinners on the Internet. But this one looks so healthy. Now I'm off to see what I can throw together. It's just too hot here today to trek to the shops.

Kezzie said...

I don't get bored of vegetables in abundance but I did get bored in Italy of constant pasta and minimal vegetables!!

The Liberty Belle said...

Your fingerless gloves are cute. I love the Southern towel.

alexandra thomas said...

But everyone has to tune into tonight's episode to learn what REALLY happens. Once the previews are live, we will update this very article so that you may easily locate every card. Get more interesting details about strictly spoiler on this site.