Saturday, August 31, 2019

Returned from Places Far and Beautiful

I traveled to West Virginia this past week for a quick visit with my mother. It was nice to see family. In past years visits like this would've been filled with children - lots of nieces, nephews, and our own kids. Not any more! Just us old folks, but it was wonderful to see my mother, and so soothing to see the exquisite beauty that is West Virginia.



We visited Tamarack, a center (with restaurant) displaying the best of West Virginia's crafters. 
My sister-in-law's display of her gorgeous candles -- at Tamarack!





Mother, Anne, and I ate at Food and Friends in Lewisburg, and then Anne's mother dropped in and joined us, which was just delightful.

Mother and I also enjoyed early evening sitting on her front porch. West Virginia is perfect in late August - cool, peaceful, green.

Sorry I didn't take more photos of humans, but I don't want to be obnoxious.

Max and Anne sent me home with beautiful produce from their garden. I had a scrumptious tomato sandwich today.
Here's an egg from their hens - I've never seen such a big one!
Adam and I were back at the farmer's market in Oriental this morning.

All the talk in this little coastal town was of Hurricane Dorian, barreling for Florida's coast but looking more and more likely to prefer our coast instead. If it comes our way, I may be traveling again later this week -- for evacuation!

I did some knitting while in WVa, another pair of fingerless gloves.

These are just as decorative as they are practical. I finished them with a little red ribbon woven through above the wrist.

I'll end with a few photos of new watercolor cards. I need to restock my inventory!



If you'd like to purchase any, check out my album at this link to see which ones are in my sale basket right now. I'm happy to mail them to you.

I'll keep you posted about the hurricane and what we decide to do. Prayers are appreciated :)

8 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time in WV.
Wow that is some huge egg!!!

Lisa Richards said...

Yummy looking tomato sandwich! I'm really impressed with the Blackbeard's paint job. Lovely cards and knitting! Hope the storm misses you!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely WV countryside, how wonderful to live there and see those beautiful views. The food looks so yummy and glad you had a great time with your Mom and others.

Lovely note cards and fingerless gloves. Hope you sell out.

Praying Dorian will head on out to sea. It was nice to see it staying out east of us and moving northerly this morning. Friday it was predicted to come directly over us.

Have a lovely Sunday and do keep us posted with the storm.

FlowerLady

Retired Knitter said...

I do believe your art work has improved greatly in just the short time I have been following your blog - and I thought it was AMAZING in the beginning. You really have a talent. I loved the picture of your mom on the front porch. It speaks of such peace.

M.K. said...

I know! I hated to break it open :)

M.K. said...

Thank you, Lisa. I hope so too, but it looks nervous. And that sandwich was delicious!

M.K. said...

FL, I'm so, so thankful you were spared! Now, if he would just move away like a gentleman, it would be a relief! I don't want to evacuate, but I must decide soon.

M.K. said...

Thank you so much, RK! That is kind of you. I do enjoy it, and I've learned so much from youtube artists. My mother's house and porch are surrounds are a beautiful place - very quiet.