Saturday, September 14, 2019

What a Week!

I'm pooped. I told you how I wore myself out emptying the guest room of its furniture. Well then I had to paint the room. I didn't take many photos, but here's a short video of the room when I'd just started doing the trim:
The guest room was my catch-all room. I had boxes of china and family photos under the bed, plus bags of baby clothes from when the kids were little. I had boxes of fine crystal and the boys' Legos in the tiny closet. And so many books, books I need to give away.
Philip's shoes when he was an itty bitty


Philip wore this shirt when he played t-ball as a 4 year old.
I have the cutest photo of him running bases, wearing it.

I enjoyed Jan Karon books years ago,
 but now I want my daughter to have these. Or somebody. Anybody?
I spent much of one day at the top of a ladder, reaching the corners of those 10-foot ceilings. I was exhausted. The next day I painted the floor. I pushed myself, wanting to get done. My legs have not recovered. Here is the "after" video:

Adam just went into our bedroom and said, "Now this room is the worst one in the house." He's right. "You should do this one next," he added. Ha! Not until my legs have recovered! It may be a while. Still, I'm very pleased with the guest room. Not too bad for a 100 year old sharecropper house!

7 comments:

magsmcc said...

Adoring the sound of your voice, even more than adoring the wonderful transformation! Well done indeed.

Pom Pom said...

Good job! Painting is so satisfying. It looks wonderful.

M.K. said...

Awww. I adore the sound of YOUR voice too :)

M.K. said...

Thank you so much, Pom!!

Lisa Richards said...

Looks fabulous! Amazing how painting can make everything hurt! 😂

GretchenJoanna said...

That's perfectly lovely, Mary Kathryn!! Thank you for showing it to us. Now I know just where I'll sleep when I come to visit ;-)
XO

Gary said...

I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)