Friday, June 26, 2020

Delicious Blondies

For our family beach vacation I volunteered to make a batch of blondies -- bar cookies with no chocolate. I found a wonderful recipe here (click over, but you'll have to scroll way down), and changed it only a little. 
Here's the recipe as I used it:

  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 1 1/4 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 small or medium eggs (or 2 large, with an extra yolk)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I did use parchment paper inside my 9"x13" pan. Spray the bottom before you put the paper in, for it to work really well. Use melted butter. Not only is it quicker than waiting for your butter to soften (or make a mess in your microwave!), but melted butter makes the blondies chewy!
Honestly, I'm lazy, and I used one big bowl, wet ingredients first and then dry. I was too lazy to lift my mixer from the bottom shelf, so I did it by hand in a bowl. She says to bake for 25-30 minutes, but that was certainly NOT long enough! I must've done at least 45, if not more. Test them with a toothpick, but don't overbake.
Enjoy, friends! The white chocolate (I had no chips, so I broke up some block white chocolate) and the chopped walnuts give this a fabulous taste.

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm not much of a Brownie fan but my boys are. Talk about being lazy, I make Brownies from Dollar Store box mixes nowadays.

Lisa Richards said...

Those look great! I'm trying to keep away from sweets, but I can still look! :) Hope they can figure out what's going on with Adam soon. Sounds like he's home and up and around though, right? Prayers going up! Love the bookmarks and other painting projects!

Henny Penny said...

Sounds easy enough, and looks absolutely delicious. I could live on desserts like that. :) I always hate pulling out the mixer too, also dread sifting flour. I hate it.