Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hunter's Tea, part one

For those of you who have been deprived of the pleasure of knowing Hunter, my condolences. I have had the privilege of her friendship, and what a beautiful thing it is! She had a tea for me :) Le Table:

{I adored her Haviland.)

The elegant Hunter, herself:

{Please note the Minnie Pearl hat, complete with tag. The fun apron came from her friend, Margaret, whom I must meet, if this is any indication of her temperament!}
Le Menu:

{Hunter and I both exhausted our French for this occasion.}

Mes Amis: Here are Chris, Hunter and Carolyn, three dear friends. Do you know, Chris and I figured out that we have known each other for about 35 years! Can you imagine. She says the first time she saw me, I was a little girl playing with Barbies on the beach in Florida. My dad evidently convinced her husband to go to seminary. All the rest is a wonderful history of ministry. With friends like this, and love like this, all the troubles of life are reduced to their proper places.


La Famile: My mother, with Faith and Mercy Sky. Mercy was a perfect lady at Hunter's Tea, which is the usual effect her home has on little girls. Even baby Grace played quietly on the floor.
(Please do not correct my French, Carolyn (haha) - It's been about 25 years since I looked at it!)

No comments: