Friday, May 15, 2015

Sixty-Something, But Not For Long!

I mentioned in a recent post that a friend had just brought her boat to Oriental. Adam and I dashed over to see her (the boat), hanging in the sling at Sailcraft.
She's a beauty!! Her name has been "Sixty Something," but not for long. Previously, she's hailed out of Tawas Bay, Michigan, on the banks of Lake Huron.
I don't know much about her except she's pretty with lots of lovely woodwork, and she's 36 feet long, plus the bowsprit.
We strolled around, examining and touching her hull. She's been pressure-washed now. My friend is trying to decide if she wants to do work to the hull and keep her on the hard, or put her into the water right away.
See the nice wood detail?
She will be a well-loved, well-lived-upon boat, of that I'm sure.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Potter said...

We know the Tawas area well. My husband's parents built their summer cottage near there in West Branch. They sold the place in the late sixties.

I assume that the effects of that bee sting have disappeared...

happyone said...

Nice and I like the red and white.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

She is a beauty! I love the wood details, really nice.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady