Saturday, April 7, 2018

Lured Away By Videos ....

Sorry, everybody. I admit ... I was lured away from my blog writing by making youtube videos, which are fun. (By the way, here's a link to my channel. Please subscribe, if you take a fancy.)
I promise: I'll blog again :)
Image result for grantchester
I've also been lured away by watching Grantchester on Amazon Prime Video. They have three seasons! It's a British murder mystery show set in 1953 in Cambridge with a vicar as the crime-solver. 
So, what's been going on here at the farm? Let's see --
 The chickens are still their crusty ol' selves.
The puppies are still playful and silly.
 Adam's been working so hard, clearing out the side of our property, which was thick with horrible vines, and very deep in years of fallen pine straw. That forsythia in the middle is free at last!
 In the garden, our bed of greens is truly gorgeous. We hope this year the bugs won't devour them all.
 This kale is luscious, although the spinach is the best.
Adam made a big salad for us with our greens and herbs, plus our hens' eggs.
The asparagus are coming up beautifully.
 We must plant strawberries soon.
And my seedlings in the greenhouse are much happier: basil and dill on the left, and cherry tomatoes on the right:
 Adam also moved the water barrels to the garden for easier watering. He'll drive the metal barrel full of water out there, and fill the blue barrels from it. 
A lot of work, but easier than carrying 5-gallon buckets by hand every day all summer.
 These lovely trees are at the Methodist church in Oriental.
I've been painting a little. This is the page in "The Thanksgiving Mice" where the farmwife's disastrous kitchen is shown.
I finished a scarf this evening. 
 
This is my new favorite way to wear a scarf - especially the bulky ones. I fold it in half and stick the tassel ends through the loop. Cozy around the neck in this awful winter weather we seem to keep having.
Adam's tagged along to the market a few weekends. Here he is at Oriental last Saturday with the puppies. He forgot his chair. I don't think we'll be there this morning -- it's supposed to rain. It's been raining about every 3 days lately. Good for spring crops, I must say.

Cheerio, folks!!

10 comments:

Una said...

Those eggs look yummy. I should really eat more of them. The scarf is perfect. That is exactly the way I wear mine. I love how I can pull it up tightly around the neck. As for rain!!!!!!!!! Anyone is the UK will tell you that we have had daily deluges for months. There has been no need to water the gardens here!

Lisa Richards said...

You should just post your videos on your blog and you can count it as both! :) The scarf looks good! I get sidetracked watching videos rather than making them. So many interesting things to learn about! Enjoy those greens! :)

Granny Marigold said...

You've obviously been busy! Your bed of greens is doing so well; my lettuce is just barely out of the ground. We need warmer weather so the ground can warm up.
Your new scarf is lovely; I like to wear mine that way too.
I'm off to check out Grantchester.

Granny Marigold said...

later..... The library has it and I just reserved season one. Thanks for recommending it.

Ida said...

Looks like you've all been busy there. Your weather seems to be much nicer and warmer then it is here right now. We are having a lot of rain right now. - Enjoyed seeing what you've been doing lately.

happyone said...

Going to check out Grantchester, we need something new to watch.
Can't do work outside here yet. Can't believe we woke up to more snow this morning.
The scarf is beautiful.

Gumbo Lily said...

Look at those greens and asparagus! Oh for a taste! Still snow here and very cold yet. Love the scarf!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

My goodness, things are going great there, your garden of greens looks fantastic as does the salad that Adam made.

Another lovely scarf too and more watercoloring. Way to go! More videos too.

Have a lovely Sunday and a great week ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Yay for videos! I subscribed!

Henny Penny said...

Everything on your farm is looking good! The scarf you made is very pretty. I love scarves, but don't know how to wear them. I've never worn one! My daughter has been making the You tube videos too, for the journals she makes. You are good at that...and I subscribed.