Friday, October 18, 2019

A Smattering of Pictures

Thank you for your sweet comments after my tour-around-the-farm post. It doesn't seem like a farm most of the time. It feels like 4 acres that require lots of mowing. Maybe someday we'll figure out what to do with it.

Adam and I dashed over to the North Carolina mountains to see our youngest girl in college.
We decided to stay in a KOA campground. Did you know how cheap they are? Goodness!
I was glad to find a cabin during peak leaf-color season.
Julia gave us a tour around her very favorite place on campus, the Printmaking classroom.

She loves this discipline and works in this studio on the weekends.

We toodled around Asheville for the day with Julia and her best friend, and enjoyed a visit to a super-cool tea shop, Dobra Tea, where you sit on little round pillows on the floor and ring a bell for service.

Adam and I viewed this as a mini-vacation too. On the road, we found a park in Greensboro and stopped for a lunch picnic. Much nicer than fast food.

I wanted to share a few pictures from a copy of The Wind in the Willows I ordered lately, illustrated by Tasha Tudor - what a lovely combo!

The wintry adventure to Badger's home is my favorite part of the book.

This past week Adam made the prettiest veggie plate for dinner -- simple, delicious.
his homemade ciabatta, spinach, potatoes, fried okra and squash

I have a few fun photos of our grandson Isaac from a recent trip to West Virginia he took with his delightful parents to see family up there.






Do you have time for one more thing? Here are a few cards I painted before the trip. I think I'll paint lots of seasonal wreaths. They're so fun!





6 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

My dad used to love to stay at KOA campgrounds in his VW camper many years ago. That's a gorgeous version of WITW! You're getting a lot of joy out of that grand Boy! The printmaking sounds like fun. And those wreath look like fun, too! Are you using watercolors or gouache? Very colorful!

M.K. said...

Lisa, they are watercolors. These are Kuretake watercolors (pans) that my son bought for me. I like them a lot.Thanks so much!

Henny Penny said...

Oh, I enjoyed this so much, all of it. It's so fun to stop at a picnic area for lunch. We used to do that a lot when I was growing up. Your Mother's home is beautiful! Just the kind of place I would want to live. Your grandson is adorable. Your watercolor Christmas cards are beautiful too. Bet these will sell quickly. I can't even imagine having a husband who cooks, and especially one who cooks like Adam. Now I want my own "The Wind in the Willow book" like yours. :)

Debbie Harris said...

What a fun posting!
My husband and I love staying in those KOA cabins, they are awesome.
In Arizona they are done up like southwestern units, very cute.

Look at that precious baby, you are so blessed.

So nice to visit with you this evening ♡

Una said...

I have to admit I don't usually like food pictures on the internet. I can't really explain it. But the photo of your spinach and potatoes meal is making me very hungry!

Kezzie said...

You're getting some weird repeated comments from the Illuminati!!! JULIA looks soooo different!! Is she studying art there? I agree with your enjoyment of the picnic lunch. Looks tasty!
The wreaths really are lovely! :-)