Thursday, October 31, 2019

Resting in the Mountains


Image may contain: Ann Robinson Baker, sitting and indoor

At last, after much traveling on the interstates, I'm with my mother in the West Virginia mountains. We are resting. She had surgery a little over a week ago and is recuperating, and I'm here to help, and make sure she eats. She's lost a lot of weight in the past year.

Adam and I drove from home to Chattanooga, stayed with our son and daughter-in-law there, and then drove on to Mississippi for our grandson's baptism.

 

 




We had a quick lunch with Julia while we were in the vicinity, enjoyed the changing leaves in the mountains, and arrived in W.Va. on Tuesday. Adam is back home now, and I'm staying in these lovely, peaceful, home-feeling mountains for as long as I can, to help my mother. (If you're a personal friend of Mother's and want more info about her health, please email me. She appreciates prayers and everyone's love, but doesn't want a flood of phone calls. She is doing well.)





Friends, wherever you are, whatever your situation, I hope these autumn months -- the cool air, the slanting sunlight, the approach of holy days, the crunching leaves and bright fires -- will bring you joy.

6 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Praying for your mom's recovery! Awesome pictures. You kids put a lot of miles on your car!

M.K. said...

Yes, we did, Lisa! And it's not quite over yet, until I'm back under my own roof :)

GretchenJoanna said...

How wonderful for both of you that you get to be with your mother now! I love your pictures!! Happy Fall, my famous fall-lover!

Henny Penny said...

Your Mother's home in the mountains is like the home and place I've always dreamed of living. What a cute baby grandson you have. The picture of him looking at the little dog is adorable. Looks like they are thinking the same thing...."what is that"! Hope you Mother does well and is up and about soon.

Granny Marigold said...

Now at last I get to see photos of your sweet grandson!!
I feel like I missed so much these last weeks.
So glad you can be there for your Mom.

Kezzie said...

How lovely to see your Grandson baptisrr! He certainly is a cutie! I hope your mother is well soon.