Monday, August 3, 2020

Prayer Cards

A familiar and beloved Episcopal prayer has been used before our family meals for years:
Bless, O Lord, this food to our use,
and us to thy service,
and keep us ever mindful of the needs of others.
In Christ's name, Amen.

Then Adam found a new meal prayer that I loved so  much, and he and I memorized it. While  we were learning it, I wrote little prayer cards to keep on the dinner table, to help us.

On Sunday, he put a new prayer in the church bulletin that I thought would make a lovely addition to our meal prayers, so I made some new cards.
Isn't that a lovely prayer? 

Hurricane Isaias comes through tonight. I wonder if our household will sleep much? Beau is staying pretty close to me.

We have moved Ned inside for the storm. He's scared of storms. Tricky is happy to have him for company. Beau is not much company for a silly girl dog.

We might lose our electricity, so I figured I should bake something ahead of time. I chose peach pandowdy.
I did a little hurricane painting this morning too, using a nice youtube tutorial as a guide. I'm not quite finished with it yet, but the flowers are a good start. It needs more dark/green on the bottom.
Adam is feeling a great deal of  relief from his P.V. symptoms lessening, although taking 60 mg of steroids daily is making him feel not-so-good in other ways. But it's such a relief to have a plan forward that could produce better health. He has an appointment on Thursday. By the next time you hear from me, we will have survived another hurricane!

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Hopefully you won't lose your electricity and the hurricane will not do any damage. I can only imagine how frightening it must be to hear the storm outside. Be safe, both of you and the furries too.

gretchenjoanna said...

I used to have a similar prayer card at the table to help us remember the beautiful prayers that help us eat prayerfully. I don't know where it is, and I've been thinking of making a new one. But I like your simple cards, and I like that latest prayer you shared very much, too, so I now have renewed desire to make a few. Thank you, Mary Kathryn!

That peach pandowdy makes me drool. I don't even know what a pandowdy is, but your picture needs no text to improve it.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning dear MK ~ I saw Ocracoke mentioned in a weather advisory the other day and thought of you. I hope you did not suffer any damages last night as this storm passed over you. Hope to see a post from you soon.

Glad Adam is feeling better, but sorry for the side effects. Continued prayers for him.

Those prayers are good and the cards done by you are pretty.

That peach dessert makes me hungry, I've not had breakfast yet.

Love, hugs and prayers for you two and your critters ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad the dogs can all cuddle and feel safe indoors. I'm thankful you and Adam are figuring out the necessary treatments/remedies for his illness. I always love your painting. God bless you, MK.

Lisa Richards said...

I hope all is well in hurricane land! Glad to hear of Adam's improvement. Pretty prayers and flowers! :)

thismammablogs.x said...

Hey , hope your well just came across your blog by chance and think your photos are wonderful. I am so pleased that your dogs are safe indoors. Stay well x