Wednesday, September 16, 2020

And Now We Are Old People, Going to the Doctors

 I feel like I woke up a couple of months ago and discovered that Adam and I are now people who spend several days each week going to various doctors. How did THAT happen? We have four ... count them, four ... doctor appointments this week. Yikes!

Let me catch you up, since I've been a negligent blogger:

1. Baby chicks are doing well. Growing and now in the orchard with the other birds. And Adam is building a new laying house for them since the other one was literally disintegrating before our eyes. Even the hens were nervous standing on it, and they only weigh a few pounds.

2. I'm spinning! My wheel (as we now know) is a piece of historical rubbish, so I'm borrowing a wheel from a spinning friend ... who are the most lovely friends. And yes, the spinning is going better!

3. We went back to the farmer's market and it was a great day! I'm painting again because I sold cards.

4. Adam is having good and not-so-good days. His immuno-suppressant medication is being increased and his prednisone is being decreased. His body is trying hard to adapt to this.


He's still cooking some yummy food. That's nachos he made a few days ago with some smoky pork roast. He's smoking another one today on the backporch, and that, combined with the cool 70 degree air outside, makes my heart flutter with feelings of fall. Or as the young folk say these days, "I'm feeling all the feels."

Today we're driving to Oriental to meet up with an old college friend I haven't seen in over 35 years. Then ... it's off to the doctors' offices this afternoon. Sigh. 

Here's my latest video of the lovely merino wool roving that came in the mail, and what I did with it!

I'll end with the yarn I just spun this morning. Pom Pom, it makes me think of you and all your pretty yarn for knitting! Have you ever thought of making it yourself?

Much love to you all! ENJOY your fall day, if your day feels like fall.

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi MK! I watched spinners at a wool fest and I loved the fancy wheel!
I have so much wool!
I love what you are doing!
Well wishes to Adam.

Granny Marigold said...

I just love seeing your joy unwrapping and handling that gorgeous looking yarn. Or is it properly called fiber? Anyway, the colours are so lovely.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Enjoyed your newsy post. I pray that Adam's change in meds will be of great help to him. I pray for his health to be stronger with each new day.

You sound busy and happy in spite of doctors visits, and Adam's cooking skills make me hungry.

Enjoy the rest of your week ~ FlowerLady

gretchenjoanna said...

You're very busy and productive "old people," you are...

XOXO

Lisa Richards said...

I think your doctoring season will pass eventually. I know I've had a flurry of them (dentist and optometrist) and haven't been to my regular doctor for a long time, so that's probably next. But then there should be a respite for a while. Praying for Adam's continued improvement and healing. That yarn is so pretty. Haven't watched the video yet, but look forward to it. Those nachos look DELISH! Very Fall-ish here.

Kezzie said...

Oh, I LOVE the unspun wool, just like you AND watching you put it onto the spiky things (sorry, not sure what they are called) was so unbelievably soothing- coupled with the gorgeous piano music- was that you playing?
The spinning wheel IS rocky but that was still charming to watch- I thought of the short piece from Sibelius's Pelleus and Melisande- Melisande at the Spinning wheel! Not quite the mood you were wanting to convey though- a little too harried!
Mmm, the Tofu and Broccoli sounds yummy- the frying sound was very evocative- made my mouth water!
So lovely to hear your voice!!!