Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Here's to Happier Days!

 Two days away from Facebook has been a pleasant, healing thing. It takes me about two minutes to check a few groups I like for new posts, and maybe look in on a friend or two's pages for anything new. I still enjoy reading my friends' comments on pictures I post there.

Another friend mentioned privately that she's deactivating her account, and several of you commented on my last post that you've also left Facebook. I'm heading over to Instagram for my daily "social media" scrolling fix, haha. Instagram is a happier place and doesn't allow for threads of conversation. 

I've caught up on my reading of your blogs! Yay! And I've pondered getting back into spinning. Yes! How far have I gotten in that? Well, I took the big black bag of dark brown alpaca fleece and put it into the freezer. It has old mouse poop all through it, and I figured if I froze it, I might easily shake most of the poop out. Can you believe that mouse poop has kept me from spinning for over 2 years? Actually, that's not true. Not knowing what to do with the yarn I make is what's keeping me from spinning.

I want to order some gorgeous, brightly-colored rolags from some lovely sheep farm, and spin with it. It's already clean. However, I do enjoy combing and dizzing the fleece. I need fleece that's clean, dyed, but not otherwise processed.

Adam made bread last night.



He didn't sleep well. His Cellcept has been steeply increased. (People recovering from a kidney transplant take about 700 mg/day. He takes 3000 right now. Might get increased again.) The doctor is trying to taper down his prednisone dosage. Yesterday afternoon he said he felt better than he had in a while -- less exhausted. So we went for a walk. That didn't last long! He wore out again. This morning (after little sleep) he says he feels ill inside himself again. This is an up-and-down disease.

So today I'm labeling soap, examining that fleece, perhaps knitting, making lunch, doing laundry, and taking a nap. Throw some youtube channels in there too. I won't be painting cards; I have too many cards, and nobody's buying them right now, so I'll stop for a bit. Back to the farmer's market (hopefully) in a few weeks, and maybe that'll help with sales.

I've started putting a sort of watermark on my photos of art. 
Have a lovely day, all! May you find peace and joy in the day!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Be very careful when you take that old mouse poopy fleece out. Be sure to shake it outside and maybe wear a mask. I think I'm more afraid of the Hanta virus than I am even of Covid.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I deactivated Facebook a couple months ago and it is such a relief. I've told close family members to please text me photos when they think of it. I agree, Instagram is a happier place, but I've also got off that. But I feel YouTube is replacing both these things, so I still have to be careful of wasting too much time! That bread looks delicious, and I love your cat picture. Sorry to hear your husband hasn't been feeling well.