Friday, September 28, 2007

My own personal pilgrimage

Here I am, sitting in Carter Lobby of Covenant College. I have eaten in the Great Hall. I have been to Chorale rehearsal. I went to chapel. I think I've been in most of the new buildings here.
I've walked until my feet are sore!

I brought Philip here to visit the campus. He's only a junior, but it's not too early to start thinking about college, and this is one college he'd like to think about. He seemed to really like it, as soon as he saw the fabulous view. He's also made contact with most of the students here that he's known before: Lianne, Elizabeth, Sam & Max. It's been fun to see these "kids" again - they're not kids anymore!

I sat in on a Shakespeare class today and enjoyed being on the receiving end of a little literary instruction for once! How nice! If it weren't #1 prohibitively expensive, and #2 thoroughly impractical at the time, I wouldn't mind going back for a PhD, if it meant I could teach college classes instead of high school. I do enjoy my high school teaching, but college teachers seem to escape much of the unpleasant baggage that the high school teacher has to bear. I listened to him teaching, and I thought, "I could do that." I wish.

Almost dinner time. I've really enjoyed my day here. I hope Philip has too! It would be nice for Adam and me to visit here again (can you say B&B with a view?). I imagine it will all boil down to the terrifying bottom line: can we afford it?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm just a *little* jealous of you, MK! I'd love to have some time on the mountain again, as well. ESPECIALLY this time of year -- ahhh!

E-mil said...

I hope we'll see representatives of the Christiansen family again someday soon :) It was wonderful to see y'all again!