6.75 ounces of whole wheat flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 tsp baking powder
3 TBS sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup (scant) of whole milk
1/2 TBS lemon juice
2 TBS sour cream
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
7 TBS butter
1 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of oats
1/3 cup of confectioner's sugar
about 1 teaspoon of half and half
- Preheat oven to 425 and place baking rack in the center of the oven.
- Combine lemon juice, sour cream, egg and vanilla in a measuring cup, then add enough milk to bring the measure up to 1/2 cup.
- Whisk together dry ingredients, less the oats, in a mixing bowl. Once whisked together add blueberries. Cut butter into flour mixture. The texture should resemble cornmeal. Set aside.
- Whisk milk, egg, and vanilla together. Combine with flour mixture. Be careful to not over mix. The dough will be sticky.
- Spread the oats out over your work surface and turn your dough out on to the oats. Push the dough gently into the oats. Turn the dough over and gently push the remaining oats into the dough.
- Form oat encrusted dough into a 9 inch circle. Cut the circle into 12 wedges. Transfer wedges to lined baking sheet (I use a Silpat) and bake 14 - 16 minutes, or until golden brown.