Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Growing Things

Our yard right now:
Forsythia
Camellia, pink:
and red ~
A plant I bought last fall. I forget its name.
The gardenia is thriving.
My mums are coming back well.
Oregano looks good.
And mint ~
And thyme ~
Radishes are up, in spite of a bunny rabbit churning the dirt up one night.
I've put radishes, spinach, beans, and lettuce in the little garden bed, and I simply can't have a bunny digging it all up each night. So I looked online. I put egg shells in the bed, plus hot pepper flakes and a hefty sprinkling of my soap slivers. All of that should be stinky enough to keep Peter Rabbit out of the garden ... I hope. It worked last night, anyway!

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yay for you, MK! I poured boiling water on weeds today.

Una said...

I love radishes and they are so quick to grow. Instant gardening!

Kezzie said...

Soudns good!! The growth is beautiful!x

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hurray for you seeing green and colors in your gardens.

Hope your ideas keep the rabbits away.

Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

Leslie said...

I keep glancing out the window and thinking I need to tackle some things out there, but we don't have the signs of spring that you do. Well, we do have lots of weeds. sigh