Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hello, Knitting, My Old Friend

When I took Julia to New Bern for her math class this morning, I decided to kill time with a visit to Michael's for a little Autumnal Attitude Pick-Me-Up. And that was very nice.
Then, sadly, I spotted their bin of clearance yarn for 70% off, and I was sucked into the vortex!
These are discontinued yarns. We'll see what I can make with them. In case you haven't noticed, I haven't knitted or crocheted anything for about two months. It's really horrible. Working every day is truly cutting other things out of my life, or making them much more difficult. Not to mention that now my legs ache all the time. I inherited my mother's bad veins, and walking on concrete floors all afternoon each day is making them hurt.
Pom-Pom -- I found a pair of glasses that remind me of you! Adorable, of course!
In case you haven't checked out the Red Robin Farm blog in a few days, go see how hard Adam is working:
Do you have seagulls in your area? They're everywhere here. I snapped this shot of them in the  Michael's parking lot. I suppose they slept here for the evening; they looked quite content and snoozy.
Up next: a low-down on that yarn. I've made two scarves and am starting a third, but I did buy myself some bizarre yarn!

3 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Looking forward to seeing the scarves you made! Glad you're making time for knitting. Take care of your legs! Can you sit down a bit at work? I stand for about 8 hours a day at my job, but I come from a long line of good legs, lol. :) Aw, Adam is having so much fun in the out-of-doors!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I want to see those scarves you've made too.

I wouldn't be able to stand on my feet for long. Standing on concrete is hard on you. Do you have some really good comfy shoes?

Adam is doing a great job at the farm.

FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Good girl, buying yarn! I remember when I was working, I'd look at my creative materials and sigh!
I LOVE those glasses! You knew I would!
Have a good day, sweet MK.