Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Search for the Perfect Winter Beverage

I long for a hot beverage in wintertime, and Adam has striven to provide it. But I have such stringent criteria!
1) It cannot have caffeine.
2) It cannot be a heavy milky drink. (I like hot cocoa and such drinks occasionally, but not nightly.)
3) I do not like coffee.
4)I dislike most decaffeinated teas, like green teas and fruity teas.
Finally Adam found the perfect hot drink, and it's so simple:

3/8 of a lemon (3 wedges)
1 Tbspn of honey
1 clove
Boiling water

This is a refreshing drink. The hot lemon gives it a complex taste, but not tart. I don't always like honey in drinks, but the lemon balances it well. Adam likes more lemon and more clove in his. And I love that this drink is both healthy and low-calorie. Give it a try next time you need something hot to drink, and don't want the same-old coffee or tea.

6 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Yum! That sounds like a winner.
Ok definitely give this drink a try and thank you for sharing it with us.

Have a wonderful week in all the beauty that surrounds you~~

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I really like hot ginger/lemon tea, which is very good for our health. I love it that Adam came up with a drink just made for you to enjoy during the upcoming winter months.

Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's a delicious drink; I've been drinking this for decades...although have never actually measured the ingredients. It's a great first drink of the morning, serving as cleanser.

Gumbo Lily said...

Yum! I like "hot lemonade" too, but have never put a clove in it. I'd like that! I also like to add a slice of ginger to mine. Delicious and medicinal too.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Sounds wonderful! I have that same criteria, although I will drink a decaf coffee or tea. This seems a nice refreshing change. Thanks to Adam!

magsmcc said...

This is what I drink when my throat is sore! Minus the clove, though. I really don't do cloves...