Friday, December 29, 2017

Punkin and Her Baby Mouse Are Ready!

They are back from the printers! The nice people at Staples wrangled with their color printer a bit, but we now have ten copies of "Punkin and the Littlest Mouse" here at the house, folded and stapled and ready to mail away. The cover is cardstock; the pages are on premium paper -- 31 color pages.

Of the ten copies, nine are already claimed. Here are the lovely ladies who have requested a copy:
Lisa R.
Henny Penny
Granny Marigold
my mother
Suzanne H.
Carolyn D.
Blair G.
Deborah M.
Karen S.

(I didn't include last names because some people don't want last names on the internet.)

The book is $10, and that includes shipping. If that's more than you want to pay, you may certainly back out, and I will not be in the least offended. If you would like the tenth copy, please leave a comment here or on facebook, and let me know. First come, first served. The tenth copy has now been sold. Thank you.

I will be making more copies. Adam and I will try our hand at scanning the original pages into a fancy computer and turning them into JPEG images so I can "scrub" them a little of a few ink blotches. Then we'll try submitting them to Staples online for copying, and I'm hoping to get slightly better copies. I told my mother that these first ones (like the original) have a few smudges here and there near the page numbers. And I ran some of the page numbers and one of the color pictures a bit close to the edges, and the copying sliced them just a little. But they are most definitely and adorably homemade, right? My mother compared it to "distressed" furniture, haha. I have written a distressed book :)

If you'd like to buy a copy of the next batch when they're ready, leave a comment here or on facebook.

There's even a Chicken Song of Victory at the end, with a Chicken Coat of Arms. I think you'll like it. 

If your name is on the list above, please send me a check for $10 (or cash) to
M.K. Christiansen
709 NC hwy. 304
Bayboro, NC 28515

Be sure to put your own address in there, and I will turn right around and send you your book.

Thanks!

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hurray! Do you have a PayPal option?

Lisa Richards said...

I'll get it in the mail tomorrow! :)

Granny Marigold said...

I hope it's okay if I wait until after New Year's to send you the money. Our weather is just horrible and I'm not driving anywhere until it changes. I am looking forward to having my copy though.

Unknown said...

I would love a copy. Try to send you the check here soon.

Henny Penny said...

Think I've just deleted my comment?? Anyhow, I was saying...I am so excited, and will get the check in the mail. I'm proud to be getting one of the very first copies. It's kinda like getting one of the very first Cabbage Patch dolls, many years ago. You are very talented! Thank you!

Lisa Richards said...

I agree with Penny. Your first edition, distressed copies are very special! :)

Deborah Montgomery said...

I will be getting mine in the mail tomorrow. Thank you, and looking forward to reading it.
Happy New Year M.K.!

magsmcc said...

MK, this is surely the new way forward in modern cottage industry! I hope your chicken "flies" off your shelves!