Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Hello, friends

Yesterday we worked outside, but today it's cold, overcast, and windy (gusts of about 29). So we're inside again.

I did finish the blue booties. (But never again will I knit that loopy yarn with little needles!!)
And as I took that photo, I saw a bumpy spot worse than the other bumpy spots, and found a dropped stitch that needed mending. And one is a little bigger than the other. It was way too hard to keep track of stitches on that project! Enough of that.

Adam ordered a book online for my birthday, but I think it's really a book from his childhood he longed to have again.
So he says he's buying it for me to do Grandma Reading :)

Movies we've watched lately:
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Quiet Man
Borderline (1950 with Fred McMurray)
From Russia With Love (We enjoy 007 movies.)
Another awful movie with WAY too much cussing, so forgettable that don't recall its name. Just the cussing.

Our daffodils are nearly done. But here are some daffodil memories.
 I have lots of these doubles (below). I can't take credit - the previous owner must've planted them all.

There's a farm post, if you want to go read more about seedlings and chickens.

And last, for those who enjoy seeing what cards I'm painting, here are a few more. If you want to view an album of all the cards available right now, look at the top of this blog on the tab bar for the page, "Watercolor Cards for Sale," and you can see them there.







Oh -- and I'm still knitting on that baby blanket.
Finally, I finished a prayer shawl I'd been working on for over 6 months. They have to be 60" long, and that last 10" take  f  o  r  e  v  e  r .
 I made a glaring mistake that I'm not showing you ... hiding it on the other side!
Now I'll start a new shawl with this yarn, crocheted, which will go much faster on this gargantuan hook.
I have been taking it easier, promise. Love to all! I'm enjoying catching up on your blogs, slow but sure.


8 comments:

Henny Penny said...

The colors in that first picture are so pretty together. Hope you're feeling better. I was just catching up with your last post and saw that you were not feeling well. Maybe the warm sunny weather this week will help. We have had several days of wind which makes it feel cold outside. Those baby booties are cute but look terrible hard to make. Your little mama hen is so pretty. Hope you can post baby pictures soon.

Granny Marigold said...

I love that Adam got you a book he remembers from his childhood so you can read it to the little one some day.
Now I'm off to see what's happening at Red Robin Farm.

M.K. said...

It was a sweet thought, GM. It's a cute book, and the pictures are taken from the story boards of the movies, so they look "right" and familiar from our childhoods.

M.K. said...

She has two more weeks to go! She's so silly and dumb. Today I lifted her off the eggs. She hadn't walked around for nearly a week. When she decided to go back on the eggs, she went in the OTHER bin, where the fresh eggs had been laid this morning, and was gonna set on those! Silly girl. I moved her back on the right eggs. As a silkie, she's very gentle.

happyone said...

That book looks awfully familiar. I think I had that one.
I've knitted a baby blanket using that pattern!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your watercolor cards are very pretty. Our weather is a bit behind yours, our daffodils are just getting unopened buds on them now. I like the colors of yours.

Beau looks like a cute, cozy little fluffy fox curled up sleeping on your couch.

Kezzie said...

Your handmade makes are beautiful! So cleverly done even if there were lots of errors in the slippers- I can't see them!!! Your cards are so beautiful! Are they selling well?
x

Lisa Richards said...

I love collecting children's storybooks, though I haven't really gotten a chance to read any of them to the grands. I think they're more for me! I also just ordered two books on writing children's books. I like to think about it more than do it, of course. I'd love to do some watercolor stuff, but with the current state of things around here, I'm not really in the mood. I'll tuck the thought away for a later date!
The baby blanket's really progressing! Oh, I see the mistake on the prayer shawl! Just kidding!! ;)