Saturday, March 16, 2019

Whimsy Ink and Pretty Yarn

I painted that one whimsical flower card that I showed you in the last post. Since then I've painted a few more ... so they do kinda look all alike. But they are so much fun! At first I thought the black ink on the flowers was just too silly, but now I like it. Here are a few more:
 Before the ink highlights (above) ...
And after the ink (below) ...
 A taller vase:
 A sloppy, overflowing vase:
This morning's vase:
Well, enough of those! Who wants to see some pretty yarn that I discovered today in a yarn store near the beach? Sweet little shop. Here's their card:
Here's their website.



 The pictures are extra big so you can almost feel the yarn :)
 The yarn below was so gorgeous! It's dyed by a lady in New Bern.
 Here is the rest of her display:
Somebody in the shop made these baby/toddler pants. Aren't they hilarious?
She called them "monster butt" pants.

We suddenly decided this morning to take the day and drive to the beach to check out an old motel where we stayed 5 years ago. They did storm renovations after Hurricane Irene. Then we ate lunch at the Crab Shack ...

shrimp burger and fried okra
Took a stroll to the beach and saw them trying to reclaim the beach after the hurricane (!!!) ...

That giant tripod machine on wheels (with two men atop) went way out into the ocean, and came back, and went out again. We never could figure out what he was doing.
And enjoyed riding the ferry ...

9 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Fried okra!! I LOVE fried okra!! Haven't had it since I was young. My mom made it. Now you have me wondering about the guys on the tripod! I really do love the ink lines on your flower paintings. They add a lot to the finished picture. ;)

happyone said...

Gorgeous yarn, fabulous colors.

Granny Marigold said...

The Monster Butt pants are something only a kid would love!
I once had a dress exactly the colour of that apricot yarn. I wish I would have kept it although I'm sure it wouldn't fit me now.

Kezzie said...

Oh I will never get tired of your paintings! They are so lovely! Mmm, your shrimp sounds nice. We visited The Seafood Shack near us for the first time today and it was lovely! The monster butt pants are super!

Una said...

I like the smell of new yarn as well as the cosy feel. That peachy colour yarn is my favourite.

M.K. said...

Thanks, Lisa. I also love fried okra - better than french fries!

M.K. said...

It is such a pretty yarn. I'm impressed with her dying skills.

M.K. said...

I would have bought it, Una, if I could've afforded it. The skeins I looked at here at least $25 US each. Yikes!

M.K. said...

Thank you, Kezzie - you are so sweet! I do LOVE fried shrimp, and it's really good on a bun. The slice of melted cheese also helped to hold the shrimp onto the burger so it didn't come tumbling out.