Sunday, December 22, 2019

Advent 22



A week or so ago I noticed a stem of irises in my shade garden. I don't remember having yellow irises there. Clearly they were trying to bloom, in December. Because this is Pamlico County where ALL the flowering plants are constantly confused about what season it is. (Hurricanes do that.)

Freezing temps were coming, so I cut off the stem, plunked it in some water by a window inside, and waited. I'm glad I did.

I am exhausted. I'm trying still to do all the things I used to do before Christmas that I did when I was a younger woman (well, the whole season, from sometime in late October ... until ...), and I'm not up to it anymore. I'm tired. Tomorrow I want to stay in my pajamas on the couch and play with my beloved, sweet grandson. I think I'll turn off my phone. Maybe he and I will look at the iris blooms together.

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your slightly confused Iris is a beautiful gift in this dark time of year. Enjoy your precious time with your family. Don't try to do too much!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beautiful iris, and at this time of year. A special gift just for you.

It is gray, wet and dreary here today. Has been like this for about 4 days now. The Christmas lights help to dispel the gloom. Looking forward to some sunshine.

Enjoy your Christmas week with family. I'm spending a quiet day right here by myself with Jesus. I did not want 'hustle and bustle' this year.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Atm Card said...

Get Your Urgent Xmas Promo Blank Atm Card Now Contact Email Via:Cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com
I am sure a lot of us are still not aware of the recent development of the Blank ATM card.. An ATM card that can change your financial status within few days. With this Blank ATM card, you can withdraw between $2,000-$3,000 -$5, 500-$8,800-$12, 000-$20,000-$35,000 -$50,000 daily from any ATM machine in the world. There is no risk of getting caught by any form of security if you followed the instructions properly. The Blank ATM card is also sophisticated due to the fact that the card has its own security making your transaction very safe and untraceable. i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your order..
Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com