Sunday, January 5, 2020

Dogs, Diets, and Recipes

Adam's got a Youtube channel! He gave me permission to share the links for you to go check them out so far.

If you click over and watch, please click the "thumbs up" button under the video; it helps his ratings with Youtube. And if you're interested at all, please click the box that says "subscribe." 

Here's his introductory video (11 minutes):
Adam introduces you to Bo Beau and tells why he's starting the channel in the first place: to lose weight (again) this year.

The next video shows Adam making his Honey Wheat Bread recipe (14 minutes):
This is a fabulous wheat loaf - soft, sliceable, delicious, and twice your daily iron requirements in one slice. Plus lots of great technique tips.

Adam's "true confession" video is the third one.
He wants to be brutally honest about how he's gotten as overweight as he is (7 minutes).
If you struggle with a food addiction or being overweight, perhaps Adam's honesty will help you not feel alone.

He has many more recipes to share, dog stories to tell, and confessions to make. He'll assess various diets that are fads right now. He'll taste-test (with the doggies) some diet dinners from the grocery. And there's a website (called Dogs, Diets, and Recipes) that will give the recipes and their nutritional stats. Click on over for that Honey Wheat Bread recipe.

If you want email notifications of future videos, click on the "bell" near the subscribe button. All of these things help Youtube channel folks like Adam. Thank you! I hope you enjoy it -- he's still working on his studio space, his editing, and his content. Any feedback is appreciated -- please leave a comment under the videos. Thanks!


10 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Good luck, Adam! (With the channel and the weight loss!) :)

Granny Marigold said...

I watched ( and enjoyed) the videos. I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't find where to 'like' them.
I wish Adam all the success possible on this new venture...both the You Tube channel and also the weight loss.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I only had time just now to watch the first video, but will try to get a chance later today to watch the other two. I enjoyed Adam's video very much. He is an excellent inspiration for me. I'm needing to get re-started with controlling what I eat. I've been having some trouble sleeping from worrying about going to my endocrinologist this week, because my blood sugar level is
higher than normal, and I am having so much trouble controlling what I eat.

Little Beau is so lovable. He had such sweet expressions on his face during the entire video. I have a little black 8 lb Pomeranian named Fuzzy who just turned 16 years old. Fuzzy always used to sit on my lap in that position, but not so much now because it seems to hurt his arthritis when I put him back down onto the floor.

I am in the same spot with my dieting and will be following Adam on his website Dogs, Diets and Recipes later today.

M.K. said...

Thank you, Lisa!

M.K. said...

Hi, GM - I don't think it actually says "like" -- there's just two little gray images: one is a "thumbs up" symbol and one is a "thumbs down" symbol. So if you click on the thumbs up symbol, then you have liked that video. I hope that helps :)

M.K. said...

Susie - thank you! That's an encouragement to know you enjoyed the video, and I hope you have encouragement and success too, with your weight loss and health improvement. It really is SUCH a health issue at our age! Adam has several health issues now that would be greatly improved if he could lose weight. Me too. That's what we hope for! Fuzzy sounds so sweet! We love our little Pom.

Retired Knitter said...

Yeah!! Your blog now recognizes me as Retired Knitter (Google Account), and I can leave this comment with some confidence that it has gone through!!

First off I look forward to seeing your art work with the new materials. You have such a gift. I have always felt that water color was a difficult "animal" to tame. It takes a careful eye to let water color do its thing while you are doing your thing.

And I look forward to seeing your husband's videos. How much fun!!

annie said...

I watched all three videos. I need to do what he is trying to and more. I could only watch the videos on your page they would not load under that title on you tube itself.
I will subscribe when I can get the connectiion to work. I did get the link on your page to work to his web page.
He is a brave man to spill his feelings. I have read your blog for years and your new baby is adorable. Blessings to us all.

Henny Penny said...

I enjoyed every minute of Adam's first video. Got to go back and watch the other two. He is great at this! Very interesting and easy to listen to. That little Beau is adorable. Looks like he listened to every word Adam said. I wanted to leave a comment but didn't know how. I did give a thumbs up and subscribed. Maybe we all will lose some weight! :)

Henny Penny said...

I left a comment this morning, or at least thought I did, telling you how much I enjoyed watching Adam's video. He is really good at this and so is little beau. I did leave a thumbs up, and did subscribe, but could not figure out how to leave a comment. Was just checking back. Maybe I didn't publish my comment. :) I'm good at that.