Friday, January 17, 2020

There and Back Again

I took another little trip to West Virginia to visit my mother and other family. She is doing so much better after her surgery.

We had a delightful visit with dear long-time friends, Ann and Beth. We met them at Tamarack for lunch, and we talked and talked and talked ....

The next day we drove to my brother and sister-in-law's home for lunch and a good visit there too. She made a wonderful winter lunch - wild rice soup and cheese toast and pineapple cake for dessert, with her delicious spice tea.

 Can you tell my mother is a dog person?

The weather has been quite good, but tonight it will turn nasty with ice and snow, so I'm heading home this afternoon to get ahead of the storm. I do miss my West Virginia family so much and the beauty and rich peace of this place.

I crocheted my mother a little tea cozy to hug her tea pot in wintertime.

 We've enjoyed movies (Miss Potter and Persuasion) and a couple of dinners with my brother and sister-in-law who live down the road, just wonderful family time.

6 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like a great visit! Hope you're home safely! :)

Sandi said...

Good to read. :)

Granny Marigold said...

Sounds like a great visit. Your Mom is looking really well.
I have watched the movie Miss Potter at least 3 times and I will surely watch it again one day.
The tea cozy is a lovely colour of blue.

Retired Knitter said...

So glad your visit with family was good and that your mom is doing well. Such peace they live with in their location. I just loved your tea pot cozy! I love the design. Looks simple but effective for almost any pot.

Granny Marigold said...

The comment I left yesterday obviously didn't go through so I'll try again.
Good to hear you got back home safely and had a lovely visit with your family. Your mom is sure looking good.
I've watched Miss Potter a couple of times and I'm probably due to watch it again soon. I have not watched Persuasion though.

Pom Pom said...

I just returned from a visit with my mama, too. She's moving into a new house so it was very busy.