Saturday, January 25, 2020

TROUBLE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!

Hello, friends.
Last month a faithful reader emailed me to let me know that my commenting format was causing trouble. Evidently we who use Blogger need to choose the "pop-up window" format for comments, in order for all our readers to be able to leave comments. She had been unable to comment for quite a while.

So, I changed my setting to "pop-up window" comments, and checked "anyone" for who is allowed to comment. I figured that would free up the system wonderfully. (Note: I DO have it set to "comment moderation," so your comments will not publish immediately. I receive them in my email and approve them there, for publication.)

Until. Today I received messages from two friends telling me that they still cannot leave comments on my blog! This makes me quite sad!

So I'm wondering ... are YOU unable, faithful reader, to leave a comment here? Has my commenting format frustrated you? Please let me know! Since you cannot comment, please send me an email, or if we're FB friends, send a message there. I need to know how much of a problem this is. And if you have solutions, please let me know!!! 

Thank you so much!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Testing, 1, 2, 3,

M.K. said...

I'm doing a test comment too! -- MK

Kara said...

Just doing a test comment for you.

melissa said...

Seeing if this works!

Trudi said...

Hey MK!! Leaving you a simple hello to test the comments!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just testing this to see if I can leave a comment. Ranee (MN)

Retired Knitter said...

I can comment if only you use Pop Up Commenting. And this is the first time I have heard anyone had problems with Pop Up.

I am pretty annoyed with Blogspot. When I started blogging in 2009 - no one had a problem regardless of which option you chose: Embedded Comments or Pop Up Comments. I much prefer Embedded and used that style for years with no problem. In the last 18 months something changed.

I guess the majority of what your readership can manage comment wise is what you should choose. Thanks for letting us know of this new development.

Pom Pom said...

If I am not using Firefox for my browser, my comments don't go through. Weird, huh?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I've been using the pop-up window for awhile now. I also have comments on moderation so that no bad stuff, spam etc. will be posted. I was just having Google users, but reading your post made me go in and look at my settings and I've changed it to anyone can comment, still on moderation though.

Hope you have no more problems.

Have a lovely Sunday and a great week ~ FlowerLady

Lisa Richards said...

I hadn't noticed any problems. :)

GretchenJoanna said...

I haven’t had a problem that I’m aware of. I also use Firefox.

Granny Marigold said...

I'll keep trying and maybe one day it will work!

annie said...

I have not had any problems with comments unless I try to go back and respell something then it tries to freeze. I usually use the preview option before I post it.