Thursday, March 22, 2018

Creativity Day!

I'm tuckered out! Today I mailed off one shawl/scarf, and started a second one on my loom. I also made a batch of luscious lavender soap. Watch along with me on a video tour through the house, doing creative things:
Well! Here's the soap, poured safely into its molds:
The new shawl/scarf is coming along nicely. How did all those crazy yarns do, together?


That fuchsia-purple really jumps out. Overall, the weave has a pale green tone, and the pale orange and pinks do well. I'm pleased. Will I finish it tomorrow in time to take it to the market on Saturday?

I call it a shawl/scarf because it can be worn over the shoulders, like so:
 That's the one I mailed off to a friend this morning. It's 10-and-a-half inches wide, enough to drape over the shoulders. The new one is 12" wide.
You can also double it, and put the ends through the loop, like so:
 And ... it's a scarf :)
I used some of the same ideas in that piece -- a stripe of black, tones of pink and green, some silver bling.
The soap is curing, and I'm headed for a nice soak in a hot tub of water.

Oh -- on the video, I mentioned that Adam was making something today, and my brain got side-tracked, and I didn't tell you what he was making. He made me a wind-chime! I found this website as a guide.
Adam had some old copper piping in the barn. 
It's not quite finished. He needs to retie those strings, and put back on one pipe. I think I'll paint/color all the wood. I love the sound of wind chimes! It will add so much to the feel I want in our home. And he only spent 53 cents on it; nearly everything was here on the farm.

Cheerio, folks! Off to the bath tub!

4 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

When I see your kitchen in this video I think of Tasha Tudor's kitchen. It's not exactly like hers, but it has that ambience. It's so homey. I'd sure love to try my hand at soap making and weaving. I'm not sure I have a good eye for which colors go together. Or that I have the patience for warping the loom. ;) Gotta add wind chimes to my list of things I need!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Nice newsy post. Your creations are GREAT. I'm going to visit that windchimes page, I love them. I have three good ones right now, one that is in need of repair and some pipes I can use to make more.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

happyone said...

Lovely wind chimes. I love listening to them.

Granny Marigold said...

I love wind chimes and have a couple of different length ones so as to get the deeper tones. DH's favourite is one that has hollow bamboo ( not sure if that;s what they are) and that one makes a sort of knocking noise. Just a gust of wind can set them all moving.