Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Up for air

Hello all. I'm taking a moment to blog again. Life has been hectic ever since I decided to ask my students to do research papers.... What kind of an idiot was I to do that? Life would be so much easier if I did not ask my students to write anything!

Okay, back to the real world. Our trip to Covenant College was great. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the improvements on campus. Chapel was magnificent - the singing was so robust. The student body is very lively and upbeat, and happy, I suppose is the word. Loved seeing some old professors. Now Philip - he had a great time. Beforehand, I didn't want to push the college on him, since it is my alma mater. But he really liked it. It is expensive, but with early application, a bright son, and lots of financial aid, there is a chance we might make it! He seems to be dangling between being a music major and a pre-engineering/chemistry major type. Perhaps he'll just do a music minor. I frankly don't think a full music major would be very challenging to him. I told him, in my experience the performing is wonderful, the lessons are so worthwhile, but the classes are boring. Apologies to any old profs out there!

All that to say, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Covenant. It's also reassuring to choose a college, and not be waffling in indecision until your high school graduation. He's a boy who likes his life ordered, and likes stability. I think he's the kind of student the college would love to have.

My grading load and class prep right now are a bit of a nightmare. I can't seem to stay ahead of it all. I don't think I can get everything in before the end of the grading period, at this point.

That's all for now, folks!

1 comment:

KSG said...

I just went back and read your entire blog starting July 4th until now. I suspect your student feel the same way about writing essays that you feel about grading them. Glad when it's over. I'm glad you're not my teacher!