Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
the air is moist and cold, unusually so for mid-May.
I am thinking...
a jumble of thoughts, on our lives, on our son's graduation, on trends in education, on troubles at our church.
From the kitchen....
I prepared quite a supper this evening! Meatloaf (one loaf, and two small rounds for Adam, who prefers them that way), 4 baked potatoes, a casserole of leftover macaroni and cheese (revived from dryness with a little water in the bottom, fresh cheese on top, and a slow, covered cook), corn, a small salad for me.
I am wearing...
a turtleneck and fuzzy socks because I'm chilly! But haven't changed out of my work pants yet.
I am reading...
Summer at Fairacre by Miss Read
Murder in the Cathedral by T.S. Eliot
about 40 papers from students
I am hoping...
Do you really want to know? I'm hoping that in some miraculous way we will be able to stay here and live in our house, and not move. Not likely, but that's my wish!
I am hearing...
Birds singing. The dishwasher churning after Peter cleaned the kitchen, whistling as he did so :)
Around the house...
I have a "Fresh Cut Roses" candle burning that I was given on Mother's Day, I'm accumulating books for homeschooling next fall, otherwise not much freshening going on until I'm done with teaching.
One of my favorite things...
The cool, comforting sound of rain pattering in the trees. I love rainy weather.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Exams for my seniors. Short story writing for my other students. Choir rehearsal. Finalizing plans for Music Conference this summer. Trying to keep my spirits up.

No comments: