Thursday, May 21, 2009

Surviving

I don't know why that word popped into my mind, as a post title today. We're surviving the last few days until school is out. An era is ending in our lives - the 3 years when our whole family of six went to the same school all day, every day. It'll never be that way again.

We're also just in survival mode a bit, emotionally, as we wait, and wait, to see what God wants us to do next. I don't want to give the impression that we're just sitting around on our duffs -- Adam is very actively seeking work.

It's just that I can't remember ever feeling before such a strong sense that God was PUSHING us OUT of a place. I feel downright ejected from the school, lock, stock and barrel. And the situation at our church is so downright intolerable right now, that it's difficult to go on Sundays.

With no school, and no church connections left, we feel loose here, as if we have no ties at all.

But we also have no ties elsewhere. Where do we go?

Please continue to pray that God will give direction. He's assuredly telling us to leave. How can we leave when we don't know where we're going?

God seems often to tell his children to step into the dark. I'm reminding myself of that. I know Adam is feeling it, everyday, as well. We're both on emotional pins and needles all the time. And it's the time of year when usually we're relaxing, exhaling from a long school year, looking forward to the unwinding of tensions in the summer.

Quiet the heart. Trust. Pray. Wait. Repeat.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Last night I dreamed that you all moved into our basement. Somehow it magically expanded to fit you in.