Friday, October 9, 2009

Escaping Civilization...

Well, not exactly. I won't give up my cell phone or my van. But I think, for a while, I'm going to stay off Facebook and not open my Google Reader. Just need a little break from all that information flooding my way.

So, if I read your blog and sometimes comment, and you notice I'm absent for a bit, that's why. I'll still blog here, of course.

Occasional unpleasantnesses do occur in life, when you spend much time in cyberspace. But it's not that, this time. It's just that my online life it taking up a chunk of time. Too much time. And autumn is my favorite time of year. I want more time to go outside, on walks, collecting leaves, writing, cooking. You know, living. And, for right now, not quite so much virtual living.

I suppose there are folks that can do both well, but I'm not one of those. I find it hard to get off the internet because it's more comfortable on my cozy couch, in my living room. It takes effort to go out and live an active life. But I miss it.

That's all, folks!

No comments: