Saturday, March 20, 2010

Firewood and Forsythia

Our neighbor felled a tree in his backyard (and almost hit his swimming pool...), and Adam cut it up for him and got to keep the wood.
In mid-afternoon, as I sat on the patio enjoying the sunny warmth, I thought, "Wouldn't it be relaxing to paint?" I rarely do this. I'm not any good. But I do find it more relaxing than just about anything else I do. Julia decided to paint also.
Anna worked more on her quilt. She's putting it all together and putting buttons into the middle of the flower figures she's quilting on it.
My attempt to paint forsythia, which is blooming energetically now.
This is a pot of "mother-in-law tongue" that I have on the patio. It turned out a bit better than the forsythia, I think.
I hope you had a relaxing Saturday too!

No comments: