Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do you LOVE popcorn?

I do.
Are you willing to try a new popcorn recipe?
I read this new one today on a website I glance at: Macheesmo. He posted a new popcorn recipe today.

And I'm posting it here because Adam says, "That's good!" And he doesn't usually participate in much popcorn consumption.

I changed it just a bit:

In a large kettle, put 1/2 cup coconut oil (He says to use Canola Oil, which is, of course, just rape seed oil, which is toxic to humans until it's chemically altered, but I won't go there right now....),
and a few kernels of popcorn. (He says to take these out after they pop. WHAT???!!! Does he expect me to dig around in that hot oil with a spoon or something? He's clearly insane.)
Apply high heat until kernels pop. (I didn't hear my mine pop, so by the time I did check on them, they were black and the oil was smoking.)
Then add: 1/2 cup popcorn kernels & a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. paprika. (I used scant portions of both of these.)
Shake pot regularly so popcorn doesn't burn. (Mine burned anyway.)
Pour popcorn into bowl(s), salt, and enjoy.

And we did enjoy. In spite of all my mistakes. Now I just have to go clean the pot.

No comments: