Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Relatives Came

JoAnn, Ann, Lois
two wives of two brothers,
sitting on either side of those brothers' only sister

Erin, JoAnn
niece and aunt

Marshall and DeVona with
Clark and Abraham

Aunt Ann and her 3 children,
Robin, Erin, and Ford

Cousins: Mercy, Patience, Nathan, Katie, Aleya

Cousins: Robin, Erin (who are sisters), and Steve, Andy, Lisa (who are siblings)

Mother with cousins Robin and Lisa
Max with great-niece Leisa

Me with my dear 2nd cousin and childhood buddy Tammy

Mark with his daughter Liberty, talking with cousin Erin

Buddies Tom and Adam
Buddies Abraham and Courage

First cousins and various siblings:
Andy, Erin, Marshall, Mark, Robin, Max, Me, Ford, Lisa

I asked these four teen cousins to give me their best stud-muffin look:
Honor, Nathan, Justice, Clark

Our extended family took up one whole side of the sanctuary for the funeral service.

My niece, Grace
My niece, Liberty


My mother talks with her granddaughter Kyrie,
while holding Kyrie's baby Ilana

I asked Philip and Kara to pose, and this is what I got ....

Nieces (and sisters) Patience and Mercy
Shani and Peter

Mother with my brother Mark

Babies bring happiness:
DeVona with Leisa, Katie with Ilana

Michael and Hannah
Kesse holds onto Katie

Visiting at White Oak Farm:
Philip, Kara, Adam, Michael, Hannah

Ford and Marshall, the businessmen,
talking busines

Daddy's casket, draped in the flag.
He served in the Korean War, in the army.
He transported ammunition to the front lines.

Six of my daddy's grandsons served as his pall bearers.

The honor guard folded the flag and presented it to my mother in a beautiful ceremony,
as Philip played Taps on his trumpet.

Mother and Beau
Philip playing Taps at the graveside:



6 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

It looks like you had a beautiful family time for your dad's funeral. Hugs and love to you all.

Granny Marigold said...

I enjoyed seeing pictures of your lovely extended family.
How wonderful that so many of the young people also came to honour your Dad and support your Mom.

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful tribute to the wonderful family which your Father blessed with his life. So glad you were able to share with us all the joy in the midst of your sorrow. Have a blessed week.

Henny Penny said...

What a large, nice looking family you have, and I love all the unusual names; good names. I enjoyed the pictures.

Pom Pom said...

There are lots of lookalikes in the photos!
I hope your mama is doing okay.

Gumbo Lily said...

What a gift to be surrounded by your loved ones.