Friday, February 22, 2019

More Watercoloring Adventures

Hi, dears. At the risk of boring you with endless watercolors, here are a few more. I looked online for some pictures of CeeCee's Creation's work to use as a guide, and found a couple of pictures here at this site. So without further ado ...
 I like the simplicity of these. They were also done on dry paper instead of wet, although the paint itself is pretty runny. It starts with this:
 And then you add a few lines of slim black ink:
 Looking at CeeCee's work on that website is primarily useful for understanding the shape of the flowers - how to shape the paint. After that, it's just imagination. Here's another:
 I truly love how this:
... becomes this disorderly mess:
... and then becomes this:
 And then this:
It's not great art, but it's just a little magical. I'm still enjoying it, which is the point, I guess -- and that others enjoy it too.

So there are today's four little pieces. When I get back home I'll mount them on cards for sale. And I do think I might prefer this dry-paper watercoloring. Something to think about.

11 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm amazed how random blobs of paint turn into such pretty flowers!!
It does seem magical!

Lisa Richards said...

They are magical! I may have to try that! :)

Retired Knitter said...

I agree. Magic! What fun to see.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Oh, but it is great art! And it is magical! and I am going to have to try this! Beautiful!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Oh, but it is great art! And it is magical! Beautifully done and I am going to have to try this myself.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

These are so sweet. They make me feel happy. You are doing great with this new medium and style.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

annie said...

Lovely paintings!

Henny Penny said...

I love how the pretty touches of paint turn into beautiful flowers.

magsmcc said...

You are all beauty x

Pom Pom said...

Very pretty, good artist!

Gumbo Lily said...

I love it, MK! It's so pretty. I like Cee Cee too! Keep on painting, girl!