Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wrapping Up

I'm still painting little cards, and thanks to Adam's mom, who sent me a box of blank cards/envelopes plus some plastic sleeves, I now have finished cards for sale! How cool is that?! 
 I'm very excited about this.
Here's my new favorite card, after adding lots of ink.

 I couldn't resist a rooster and hen.

Adam and I went on an early Valentine's date. We ate at Annabelle's, our new favorite restaurant.
We sat by the river at Union Park and watched the birds.
 He was kinda snoozy by this time, and the sun was bright.

And we went to see a movie, The Upside. We had a lovely time.


Twice I've made an easy quiche recipe that Granny Marigold shared on her blog. It's delicious, crustless, and so easy to make. You can whip it up in about 5 minutes and bake it for 30 minutes, and tada! Fresh, healthy quiche for lunch.
Adam and I also stopped off in Michaels. I looked at paint brushes, and I found these paints. I've wanted shimmery paints to layer on top of my watercolors.
 Last week at the thrift store I found these adorable baby shoes for 25 cents.
 These baby knitting books were a dollar each. I looked through each one carefully, and there are lots of lovely patterns I'd like to make for Little Baby who is coming this summer.
 Here's the first one I've started on -- the kimono. 
Since we don't know whether Little Baby is a boy or girl, I'm using some baby yarn I had in a light silver/gray.
It will be a good trial run. I'm good at knitting scarves and shawls, but itty-bitty-baby knitting will need practice.

Thanks so much for stopping by - we're as boring as ever! Stay outa the wind!

9 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Oh no, not boring at all. Your post is full of things to comment on.
First of all...I'm glad the quiche turned out to be something you liked. It isn't really Quiche-ish at least not when you think of the real kind with crust. BUT it's fast and tasty.
The water-colour cards are so pretty!
The tiny baby slippers/shoes are adorable. The kimono with the side tie...I really like that.
Great picture of you and Adam with the water in the background.
Keep enjoying your nice weather!!

happyone said...

Dinner at Annabelle's looks delicious.
I have one of those knitting books, Baby Knits for Beginners, and have made a few things out of it.

Lisa Richards said...

The cards turned out so well! That quiche looks good. I hope to try that recipe, too. The tiny kimono baby sweater will be awesome. Have fun with that project! The shimmery paints look interesting. I hope you like them. Lots of projects! Keep up the good work! :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your cards turned out so well.

Dinner and quiche look yummy.

Happy Baby knitting and have a lovely Valentine's Day ~ FlowerLady

magsmcc said...

Lovely pictures, lovely news! You'll be a lovely nanny!

GretchenJoanna said...

I am very excited about your cards! Not surprised that you have found one more way to bring a return on your many arts and crafts in addition to the fundamental soul's enrichment.

The baby sweaters are also inspiring and happy-making!! Happy Valentines Day to you and Adam! XO

Kezzie said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I do hope they sell well as they are wonderful. I am glad you managed to get some shimmery paints. Your dinners both look super tasty! What was under that white sauce?
OOh, congratulations on the baby coming- who is having it?!x

Henny Penny said...

Darn it! My comment just disappeared. I was saying you are never ever boring. I look for your posts any time I have a minute on the computer. Sounds like you and Adam had a fun Valentine's Day. I love your little painted cards and your favorite is mine too. It looks so soft and pretty. Can't wait to see the little baby things you knit. You can do anything!

Deborah Montgomery said...

I agree, your life doesn't sound boring to me. You're always doing something new. The cards are so pretty. And a new baby to knit for! Lovely. xo