Thursday, February 28, 2019

Practicing Watercolor Techniques

Painting practice is fun but uses up lots of paint, watercolor paper, and time. Here's what I've been up to.
Using salt ...
 ... gives this effect.
Crumpling plastic wrap on wet paint ...
 ... gives this effect:
 I also practiced  the "elegant flowers" painting over and over in various colors:




 These are simple and quick, but you must be very careful with the paint, and know when to stop.
Here's the simple paint application:
 A few buds and a little thin black ink finishes it:
 It's a little like cutting hair; one must stop snipping before it's too late.
Another use of salt on wet paint:
 Gives this speckly effect:
 I did a green page with the plastic wrap, and it was so pretty. Then I added blue and purple paint for flowers. Then I added ink. This is a good example of how ugly something can become with too much. Ugh. Into the trash can it went! Lesson learned.
 And one more, with the plastic wrap green background:

I've painted 40 cards and sold 17, which is exciting. Adam is in the process of getting them on Ebay, so I may sell more on there. If you'd like to buy them first from me (for less), let me know. They are inexpensive to ship, thankfully. And if there's a certain type you prefer and would like more of, I can do that also. That's it for watercolors today - thanks for lasting through all that!

1 comment:

Lisa Richards said...

I love the simple, elegant ink lines you do! I agree, you really have to know when to stop. Glad they're selling well. I still haven't tried this yet. I've committed to a couple more ATC swaps, so I'll have to do those first. Not feeling the art right now. I seem to be a little under the weather mixed with some of that depression thing, so I'm trying to spend lots of time talking to the Lord and concentrating on uplifting activities, which might mean watching videos. ;)