Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An evening of salads

Our annual church Salad Supper ( a great Southern tradition) occurred this evening. The theme was the seasons, so each table was decorated with "seasonal" items. Adam chose to seat us at a beach-theme table, with sand in the middle, lots of beautiful shells, a glass vase full of shells and a candle, and 4 miniature lighthouses. He knows I love the beach! The decorating committee went all out. There were tables with: Christmas (of course), Thanksgiving, Easter, St. Patrick's, snowmen. And enough salad that we could all excuse our seconds and thirds by saying we were eating healthy. I sang the old favorite, "Ten Thousand Angels." They gave me a lovely mother-of-pearl dove pin.

Sorry I forgot to take the camera there. I wanted a picture of the tables.

Tomorrow I go in to get a mole removed from my scalp. No pictures of that!!!

No comments: