Friday, January 29, 2010

Remembering Walking

Right now, snowing is falling steady and straight, outside. In only a few hours, we have almost 4 inches. And since I think it will continue overnight, it's hard to say how much we'll get -- perhaps close to a foot.

So I thought I'd share a couple of photos I took this past week. The weather was heavenly, and Julia and I went for several walks with Sandy. Doesn't she look happy?
I have a favorite tree that we pass on our walks. The trunk is massive and intruding into the sidewalk. The bark is craggy and rough, like the skin of an old Indian. Grey and aged, it draws me to look and touch. I'm fond of trees.
Tomorrow, I imagine I'll have pictures of snow. And Adam is making some brioche dough for sticky buns tomorrow. "The most totally luscious dough of all time," he says. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: