Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This post is just to let you know --

that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I just haven't had much to say. What's going on?

I took down the Christmas tree and all the decorations, and have put them away, except the wreaths and bows on the outside of the house. They're so pretty, why not leave them up a little longer?

I cleaned and reorganized my pantry yesterday. I mysteriously discovered that I have much more room in there than I thought.

The Bible study on heaven that Adam teaches, started again last night for the new year. We had a great lesson. We're examining Randy Alcorn's book "Heaven," and the Scriptures, for a better, more Biblical understanding of our eternal home.

Just about everyone we know started back to school yesterday, but our Christmas break is only half-way over - yippee! I scheduled a 4 week break, way back in August, and I'm sticking to it! I am getting no arguments from the kids :)

The weather is very cold. It has already snowed twice in Mississippi this winter. I've NEVER, EVER known it to snow twice in Mississippi, in ANY winter. I know students traveling in China right now, and it's unseasonably cold there too. It's -15 in Des Moines. It's COLD ALL OVER. Perhaps the One who is in charge of the weather is having a little fun, tweaking those who mistakenly think that mankind is in charge of the weather?

Today I'll do a little reading and a little cleaning and a little cooking, but not much else.

No comments: