1. There are blue jeans out there to fit my body. I know this because I have now seen other larger women wearing them. I just need to go find them.
2. Do Not Wear anything but solid colors from the waist down.
3. Shirts: try to achieve the 2-colored layering around the hips. It looks good.
|Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Utter cuteness.|
4. I still don't like boots.
5. But ballet flats are still in, big time. I do not own a single pair. Sigh.
6. Three-quarter length sleeves are wonderful.
7. Fly-away cardigans are even more wonderful. I want twenty of them.
8. Really, long, drapey cardigans of all types look great on women my size. Not baggy, just enough to give a good vertical line down the front.
9. Rolled-up pants are in fashion but I loathe that look.
10. A long line of black (tank/shirt and slacks) paired with a bright, cropped jacket, looks really good.
|Doesn't this look GREAT on her? I love this look. And it's yellow!|
11. Cover the arm above the elbow if you can. Just do it.
12. I will continue to avoid horizontal stripes at all costs, and cargo pants with side pockets.
13. The lower the neckline (while still being modest) for us big-chested women, the better. V's and scoops.
14. All the cute clothes seem to come from TJ Maxx or Target. These stores are where the blue jeans are hiding, along with J.C. Penney.
15. Avoid empire waists. Avoid cleavage. Avoid 2-colored layering at the chest. Basically avoid anything that accentuates the chest at all. It doesn't need any help.
16. Even though I'm fat, I still look better with a waist.
If you want to see a kazillion blogger ladies, all linking up at one spot to show what they're wearing each Wednesday, go over to The Pleated Poppy. Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I only checked out the fat ladies, because otherwise I would have been clicking over to blogs All Day Long. It was worth it just to find Kelly Rowe's blog and her WIWW posts. She's a huge help.
I'll end with this photo, which I also lifted from Kelly's blog.
So, if you're fat like me, take heart. There's fashion for you, and Kelly can help show you what it looks like. I'm subscribed to her blog now. And after I get my Visa bill paid off, and pay for the crown I had done at the dentist's office, I'm heading to TJMaxx and Target for a terrifying day of trying on blue jeans. I might even take along my camera so you can enjoy the pain too.
(When applying labels to this post, I had to create a "fashion" label. I guess I've never, ever posted about clothing before!)