Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December Eleventh

My last fern outside is turning spectacular autumn colors!
The rain has gone, and now it is only cold and windy. Adam and I are hunkered down, inside the house. He has moved on from baking cookies to baking kolaches for a friend. He made an apricot jam for the center. Apricot is my favorite fruit filling ... right after peach. 

 Adam iced his ginger cookies. Decorating to follow.
 The Christmas Cactus a friend gave me is bursting with blooms. I've never seen one so pretty.
I'm taking care of Christmas shopping too, sending packages off to loved ones, and ordering a bit online. I'm organizing our church's Christmas service, this Sunday evening. And Adam and I have some fun date events planned between now and Christmas. Lots to do! Oh ... and I'm writing my Christmas Mouse story for next year. I think it'll be called "The Christmas Rescue." It might be exciting!

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Those cookies are mysterious and I want to eat one.

Gumbo Lily said...

Looks like some yummy baking is happening. Your Christmas Cactus is really pretty! Merry Christmas.

Granny Marigold said...

Taste of Home has an easy sounding recipe for Kolaches that I'm tempted to try. They do sound good.
Your Christmas Cactus is doing so well; this year I have none because my old one took up so very much room ( and only bloomed one month out of the year) so she had to go.

Kezzie said...

So much beauty in this post!x

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

I love Christmas Cactus! Yours is beautiful.