Monday, December 10, 2018

December Tenth!

I didn't miss a day after all! I allowed my laptop to run its battery completely down overnight, and it started back up the next day. It has heat damage and motherboard issues, Adam says, so no telling how long it will live. Meanwhile, there is this:
Rain, rain, rain
Most of North Carolina is buried under snow, but here on the coast we have only rain, which is fine by me. Ned is camped out on the back porch; he loathes wet paws. Adam is making Christmas cookies and baking up a storm. I'm knitting (after a stocking-up trip to the yarn store) and have long last put up my little Jesse Tree - first decorations! 
These ginger cookies will be the base for some impressive Christmas designs by Adam. 
He's doing sugar cookies too.
 I sold quite a few scarves on Saturday, so this week my knitting needles must get busy making more!
 I've decided this will be silly sock Christmas, so family members, beware! This pair is for Adam, who has a deep, abiding love of Captain Crunch cereal.
After my long and exhausting weekend I slept in till 7:45 this morning (after waking and falling back to sleep twice). That was nice. I hope you are able to vigorously enjoy the season and rest fully too.

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Rain! I would stay inside and knit, too.
The cookies looks so yummy. I want one.

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, rain is better than snow. Not nearly as pretty but far less inconvenient. Good for you selling your scarves. And Adam baking cookies!! I'm sure your house smells wonderfully good.

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

So glad you got rain and not the snow. I am in Maryland and we got nothing - very unusual for the storm to head mostly south - of course, unusual is now becoming usual in this crazy weather.

Una said...

I think the best sleeps I have are when I go back for 40 winks after waking up early...zzzzz.