Wednesday, February 11, 2009


I was going to say "Bad News" but that sounded a little melodramatic. Besides, I'm not exactly sure if it IS bad news. Today after school, Adam was told by the administration that he will not be offered a contract to teach at the school for next year.

They stated that there was no complaint against his job performance, and they were not dissatisfied with his performance. They also would not tell him why he was not being offered a contract. It's rather a mystery.

Now Adam has been wanting to be a pastor for many years, and here is another opportunity for him to pursue that desire. We will need to pray, and pray some more, and hope in what the Lord has prepared for him to do.

Needless to say, I have a painful, hollow feeling in my stomach. It's stressful when one's income looks like it's drying up. We'll have to revert to "crunch" mode, in which we don't spend any extra money AT ALL. In other words, our plans for Anna's braces will have to be put on hold. No eating out. No shopping. No house enhancements.

But we've been down this road before, several times. And the Lord always provides. I do believe that He will provide work for Adam, and hopefully pastoral work. We want to stay here, if we can. If I continue at the school, which I hope to do, then the kids can still attend there, although we do pay partial tuition, and that is expensive for us.

So - please pray for us, that God will provide in a way that allows us to stay here. We love our church, and we also want our kids to be able to stay in one location for long enough to consider it "home."

1 comment:

Hello! I hope you leave a word ~ I will get back to it as soon as I can!