Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Wee Break

Hi, all. I'm taking a brief respite from blogging because Adam is doing some badly-needed repair work on my little Apple iBook, which really hasn't run well for two of its three short years. This week my iPhoto decided to crash - I mean really crash - on me, and it lost all my pictures. Like 12,000 photos. Photos from 2004. Adam's getting them all back, thanks to Philip giving me a new external hard drive for my birthday. And Adam spent all of today getting virtual OSX to run on his Lenovo machine. Apparently that's a pretty geeky thing to do! I'm afraid I will never own another Apple machine. They just aren't what they used to be.
And I'm typing this with one index finger, on my phone, which just isn't much fun! It sure keeps one from running at the mouth. I'll be back later with pictures!

3 comments:

happyone said...

I'm surprised you have so much trouble with apple things. I've never had any problems with my stuff and I wouldn't buy any thing but an apple. : )
Hope your back to blogging with more than one finger soon. : )

Kezzie said...

Oh no, poor computer! And 12,000 photos- I think I might die if I lost all mine! When I spilt a full cup of tea over mine last year I was devastated but luckily my father in law managed to remove the harddrive and turn it into an external harddrive!x

Mary Ann Potter said...

Bless your heart. Those little external drives are wonderful. When I cancelled out of my Flickr account a couple of years ago, I was able to download all those photos onto a little flash drive. Then I discovered Bulkr, a site that downloaded all my Flickr photos onto my laptop. Now I have saved them twice. Whew.