Saturday, June 30, 2007

Alone in Blog World

So, I've spent way too much time today blogging around. Mostly, I'm trying to beef up my list of blogs to peruse regularly. I visit the blogs of friends, and look at THEIR blog lists. I try to find people I know.

Why don't people my age blog? I'd love to read blog entries from my old friends, my siblings and cousins. That's what these 20-somethings get to do. I find myself standing out in the cold, alone in the blog world, looking in through the window at the lives of the children of people I know.

It makes me feel vaguely like an old pervert, a peeping tom leering longingly at the exciting lives of people young enough to be experiencing things for the first time, who keep blogs so their parents (who are my age) can keep up with their children's wonderful lives.

I wonder what I have to offer. Maybe if I stick with it long enough, some contemporaries will join the game.

8 comments:

funke said...

I try to encourage my mom to blog, but she does it so seldom that I have to remind her of her password whenever she wants to log in...

This is sad to me, because while I enjoy her funny, insightful words, the rest of the world has to miss out.

~funke

funke said...

PS I also left you a comment on your Summer Reading List entry.

M.K. said...

Exactly! A lot of us 40-50 something women have 'funny, insightful words' to offer. Wish I knew your mum. Your fam looks like fun!

diber said...

Well...it also depends on the circles. If you're looking for mom blogs your age, forget it. But I read some really great academic blogs more your age. But they don't have kids. They kept up their computer skills that whole time. Few people your age with kids know how to really use the computer like its their friend. Same for the internet. My aunt and my mom update very occasionally.

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

My brother has an interesting blog, MK. He's only a few years younger than you. I doubt I'd be able to get Sandi to join the blogworld, though. I never did persuade her to check out Scotsalumni. Her life is too insane to even e-mail regularly.

M.K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.K. said...

I'll have to get your bro's blog address - I enjoy 'interesting'!