Friday, June 15, 2007

Brunch, Tea, Cinderella

Carolyn invited me to her home for a private, delectable brunch. She served strawberry soup (okay, so if you put a straw in it, you might call it a milkshake...).Doesn't she look lovely in her lavender?







This was our main plate. She cut croissants in half, buttered. Then added flaked crab meat, mixed with mayonnaise and generous parmesan and gruyere cheese, plut shallots, I think, and artichokes. On top is a toasted blend of herbs, bread crumbs and butter. Yumm. I cleaned my plate.





Then...Carolyn and I went to a tea at 3:00 at Hunter's house. Many ladies there. Scones, trifle, sandwiches, cheese, dear friends and their warm company.








Here is my dear hostess, and her helper.











And then! I went to the musical "Cinderella" with my parents and another friend.
What a full day! I dropped into bed at 11:30. But it was fun.
When I pick the kids up from camp, I think I'll be as worn out with fun as they will be.
Julia says she saw a bear - a real bear! - outside her window at camp. Hmm.

I'm not making much headway on "Frankenstein," but I'll be at home this evening alone, and I hope to cover some ground. Left-over quiche (again), roasted potatoes, soft music, and Frankenstein. Something's not right there.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Carolyn does look lovely in her lavender, and the brunch looks wonderful as well. I certainly have a talented sister-in-law. The whole day sounded like something out of a book, MK - what fun!