Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A date with books

Adam and I went to B&N last night. This is a normal date for us, the stodgy and boring. I finally found a copy of "Over Sea, Under Stone" by Susan Cooper. This is one of my favorite teen-read books ever. A neat take on the Arthur/Merlin legend, set in post-war England, in Cornwall.

We often buy each of the kids a book at B&N. So we got Agatha Christie's "Death on the Nile" for Anna, "The Tale of Despereaux" for Julia, and "The Illearth War" for Peter. Nothing for Philip this time; he's about as picky in reading as he is in eating. He has absconded with Adam's Rex Stout books.

I have 16 novels on my students summer reading. I need to reread those this summer. That's more than one per week. I have another 7 novels we'll be studying in the course of next school year. I need to read those and make notes as I do so.

Is this what they call having the summer off?

And did you know that Krispy Kreme donuts are now $5.86 a dozen??

No comments: